How to Apply - Transfer Students
From time to time, current students may need to be released from their housing contract. These students can offer their contract to a new incoming student.
Interested? Learn more.
Newly admitted transfer students, domestic or international, will receive instructions on how to access their online Housing application when the enrollment deposit has been paid or has been officially waived by the Admissions Office.
- Fall term application instructions will be emailed beginning in April.
- Winter term application instructions will be emailed beginning in late November.
- Spring and summer term application instructions will be emailed beginning in April.
If you do not receive instructions on how to access your Housing application within four weeks of submitting your enrollment deposit, please contact us with the following information:
- Your U-M ID number (Mcard ID)
- Your preference of a residence hall
- Your mailing address until you arrive on campus