Cable Rates & Service Changes
Northwood Community Apartments
In conjunction with Information Technology Services (ITS), University Housing provides dozens of cable television channels to the Northwood Community Apartments. All channels are provided as part of your cable service through UMTV and can be viewed here. Please note that cable is digital only and no analog channels are available. A digital TV or digital-to-analog converter which will receive CATV channels in a clear QAM format is required in order to receive all channels of the UMTV cable service.
Basic cable television is offered at a reduced rate of $33 a month for residents of Northwood IV & V and is activated prior to move-in. The monthly fee for this service is billed to your University Account.
If you are a single graduate student in a shared apartment, the monthly fee for this service is divided among the residents and billed directly to your University Account each month.
If you are an undergraduate resident of Northwood I, II & III, learn more about your undergraduate cable television, rates, and policies.
If you are a family or a single graduate student in your own unit, you may opt out of the service by submitting an online cable service change request.
If you are in a shared unit in any Northwood apartment, you may opt out of this service by submitting the online cable service change request for all residents of the apartment.
- Poor Reception - Check the cables and cable connections. You may not be making good contact or need a new cable wire (Reconnect cable wire or replace it).
- No channels/Screen is snowy/fuzzy - Check all the connections. If they are fine, your outlet may not be activated. Please contact the Housing Billing Office for activation.
- Receive some but not all channels - Your TV probably needs to be programmed. Try running setup with your remote control. All TVs are different but typically, you will need to:
- Press the "menu" button on the bottom of the remote. This will display "on-screen programming."
- Select "channel set up" or "set up."
- Make sure it is set on "cable" or "CATV" (as opposed to antenna or air). Then, run the "auto program" or "auto memorize" function. Auto program will scan all the channels. It will take a minute or so and will go up to about 120. It will stop when it is done.
If you continue to experience cable problems, you may call or stop by the Housing Billing Office.