Conference Management Services
Whether you need assistance with registration or want hospitality tours and evening excursions for your group, we have the expertise and ability to make your program a resounding success. With clients as diverse as these...
- National Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee for the Electrical industry (NJATC)
- Ergonomics Seminars and Symposia
- Combustion Institute
- MI Tax Practitioners Institute
- Martin Luther King Jr. celebration and events
...you can be sure that Conference Management Services at Michigan is ready to host any event.
Whatever it takes...
Conference Services at Michigan offers comprehensive planning services tailored to your individual needs. As part of our planning services, we can:
- Develop a timetable and budget for your meeting or event
- Coordinate with key stakeholders, exhibitors and vendors
- Arrange lodging and venues
- Handle your logistic and technical needs
- Plan social functions for your conference participants
- Arrange local transportation
- Manage financial transactions, including payment for all goods and services
Registration is more than handing out name badges. From creating a registration website for your conference or event to providing participant packets, Conference Services will take care of it all. We will:
- Host registration for your event on our conference services website
- Design online and written registration forms
- Confirm registrations and respond to phone and e-mail inquiries
- Coordinate and staff on-site registration
- Prepare professional packets of materials and name badges for participants and speakers
- Coordinate faculty travel arrangements and prepare teaching materials
- Provide comprehensive reports, including rosters, payment summaries, and a closing financial statement
- Accept payments including credit card transactions
Want to make your event stand out with engaging graphic design, dynamic copy writing and integrated web services? Need to reach all the right people through direct mail marketing and media relations? Conference Services at Michigan can help. We will work with marketing professionals to meet your needs, including:
- Create an identity or logo for your program
- Design, write and produce eye-catching promotional materials
- Develop an attractive and informational website for your conference
- Increase your event's visibility through comprehensive communication programs
You've got the great ideas; now let us turn them into a conference. We can help you design an engaging program that meets all your objectives. Use our services to:
- Identify clear goals for your program
- Choose venues that support your objectives
- Secure speakers and key participants
- Coordinate timely production of program materials
- Manage the submission process for papers or proposals
- Prepare and proofread conference materials
- Plan tours and excursions for meeting participants
We can help you choose the right accommodations at the right price for you and your participants.
We work with local hotels to reserve rooms and secure special rates for your event. In fact, Ann Arbor boasts a variety of accommodations: extended-stay venues, economy hotels and suites, charming bed and breakfasts, and high-end hotels with well-appointed rooms.
During the summer months, the University of Michigan offers value-priced overnight accommodations that combine convenience and comfort within a welcoming "collegial" atmosphere. Our guests can choose from budget-friendly residence-hall rooms to modern suites, from being on the heart of campus to one of Ann Arbor's tree-lined streets, from ivy-covered walls to new construction…all within University of Michigan housing.
Tell us your preferences, and we'll help you find the perfect place to stay in Ann Arbor.
Dining and Catering
When planning meals for your event, let your imagination run wild. From cafeteria-style meal plans to picnics and BBQs to elegant dinners, our dining options are designed to please even the most discriminating tastes.
Those who are familiar with the University are well acquainted with the high-quality and convenience of the dining and catering services available through University Housing and University Unions.
We can also help you make the most of Ann Arbor's award-winning, nationally-renowned restaurants. More than 75 local eateries -- from world-famous Zingerman's Deli to Ann Arbor's beloved Angelo's -- can be called upon to serve your conference needs.
No matter what your dining preferences may be, count on us to provide you with tempting menus, beautiful venues and a memorable dining experience.
Meeting Rooms and Venues
Whatever your conference needs, you can depend on our professionals to recommend the best possible spaces for your program at reasonable rates.
From traditional meeting facilities to auditoriums to "smart" classrooms, we have venues to meet every need. Or, if the U-M campus isn't right for your program, we can help you find an appropriate location in Ann Arbor or across the United States.
For those interested in an event on the U-M campus, consider this sampling of unique options, and remember that dozens of additional options are also available.
|Power Center for the Performing Arts||1,300|
|Rackham Lecture Hall||1,100|
|BioMedical Science Research Building||300|
|Art & Architecture Gallery||400|
|Museum of Natural History||140|
|Power Center Lobby||200|
|Rackham Conference Rooms||50|
|Michigan League Outdoor Patio||49|
|CLASS ROOM SEATING|
|Michigan Union Ballroom||198|
|TRADE SHOW OR EXHIBIT SPACES|
|Michigan Union Ballroom||62|
|Michigan League Ballroom||52|