Repairs & Maintenance
University Housing manages almost five million square feet of floor space in its residence halls and apartment community. With some 13,000 residents, that’s a full-time job for 250+ mechanics, custodians, tradespersons, managers and professionals in Housing Facilities.
If a repair cannot wait until the next business day please call the Plant Operations Call Center at 734.647.2059.
An emergency is defined as loss of water, heat or electricity, electrical hazards, flooding, fire, elevator entrapment, gas leaks, lockouts or lock problems, Insects/Pests or any condition that poses a significant imminent threat or potential hazard to the student, the residence hall, apartment, or the community.
If It's Broken, We FIXIT.
Call on us for the following issues, room repairs, and cleaning services by using the online FIXIT system. For emergencies, do not submit an online request—call the Plant Operations Call Center at 734.647.2059.
- Mechanical Noise/Failure
- Power/Electrical Service
- Room Temperature
How FIXIT Works
FIXIT mechanics are available Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. After hours, non-emergency requests are handled the next business day. For emergency calls, staff are on-site 24/7 and will respond to an emergency call as soon as possible.
- Because of the volume of calls, we are unable to make FIXIT appointments.
- Your FIXIT request will be assigned a work order number. Use this number to inquire about the status of your request.
- When a maintenance or repair request is made, we assume that we have permission to enter your room or apartment, even if you are not present.
- Before entering your room, the FIXIT mechanics will knock loudly and pause for a response. If there is no response, they will key into the room, open the door slightly and loudly identify themselves. If the student responds and requests that the mechanics leave, they will do so. They may ask when they can return.
- Your FIXIT mechanic will leave you a Service Notice informing you of the status of the work.
- Repairs sometimes require more than one service call due to the ordering of parts or the special skills of a tradesperson.
Wired or wireless data issues
Washer or Dryer Problems
- Housing Options
- Applications, Rates & Policies
- Dining & Meal Plans
- Undergraduate Programs & Services
- Community Facebook Pages
- Academic & Technology Support
- Residence Hall Community Centers
- Northwood I, II, & III Community Center
- Diversity and Inclusion
- First Year Experience
- Community Living at Michigan (CLAM)
- Laundry Locator
- Michigan Learning Communities
- M Lead Academy and Move-in Program
- Repairs & Maintenance
- Residence Hall Government
- Resident Advisors
- Solicitation & Canvassing
- Undergrad Space Use Policy and Reservation
- Sustainability & Green Living
- Theme Communities
- Graduate and Family Programs & Services
- Conferences & Summer Camps
- Transportation, Parking & Maps
- Health & Safety
- News & Events