Graduate & Legacy Resident Staff Selection for University Housing
Graduate & Legacy Housing employs nearly 75 individuals in roles including Community Center Assistant, Graduate Resident Advisor, Transdisciplinary Fellow, and Henderson House Resident Director. Our communities are diverse and include the Northwood Community Apartments, the Munger Graduate Residences, the Martha Cook Building, and Henderson House.
On these pages, you will find all of the information you need about the Graduate & Legacy Resstaff Selection process. Please take your time to check out the site and become familiar with Residence Education's:
- April 3: Information Sessions in the Munger Multipurpose Room and Northwood Community Center Multipurpose Room at 6:30PM
- April 4: Applications go live
- April 16: Priority Application Deadline at 11:59pm
- April 19: Application review complete
- April 19: Send interview offers
- April 21st and April 24th: Interviews
- After April 26th: Notifications
Graduate Resstaff Application
- Ensure you have thoroughly reviewed the position descriptions including the appointment and eligibility sections.
- Please read instructions below and then visit: https://umich.erezlife.com/
- Select "Sign in with your school account"
- Email: enter your UM uniqname & kerberos password and agree to terms and conditions (please note, this is different than our previous applications so you may need to clear your web browser. If you are using Google Chrome and continue to have problems logging in to eRezLife, try using an Incognito window to log in. You can also try a different web browser such as Safari or Firefox, but ensure you are not logged in to any other UM system. Finally, eRezLife is best accessed on a computer vs. a mobile device). If you do not have a uniqname, please contact GradResstaffSelection@umich.edu.
- Select My job profile. Fill out all sections and save. (please note, if you applied to a position using eRezLife in the past, make sure all profile information is up to date as fields have changed)
- Select Job postings
- Select the position you are interested in
- Select the Apply now (green button)
- Select Questions. Fill out all required questions (with red asterisk) and any other questions related to the position you are applying for
- Select Save
- Select Submit
If you are interested in another position, return to Job Postings and select the next position you are interested in. NOTE: All fields will automatically populate for any sections already completed. Any changes will be reflected in previously submitted applications.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns not addressed within the Graduate Resstaff Selection webpages, please email us at GradResstaffSelection@umich.edu.
The table below details the positions currently available in Graduate & Legacy Housing. Please click the position title for a link to the position description. Please review the positions descriptions thoroughly to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements and can commit to the appointment length. The Transdisciplinary Fellow position has a flexible appointment length. The Graduate Resident Advisor positions in Munger and Northwood are 12 month appointments. Graduate Resident Advisors are expected to fulfill the entirety of their appointment. Please reflect on your commitments and your ability to meet the expectations of the positions before applying.
|Position||Number of Staff||Compensation||Hourly Expectations Per Week||Appointment Length||Supervisor|
|Northwood Graduate Resident Advisor||12||Cost of Room||20||July through June||Hall Director|
|Munger Graduate Resident Advisor||14||Cost of Room &$500 stipend per month||15||July through June||Hall Director|
|Munger Trans-disciplinary Fellow||6||$12.00 per hour||10||Flexible|