Move-In: Northwood Single Graduate and Family Housing
Congratulations! You'll soon be living at Michigan!
Contract start dates are either on the 1st or the 16th of the month! You can move in either on or after your contract date.
If the contract start date falls on a holiday when the Community Center is closed, you will be able to pick up your keys the day before without additional charge.
We regret that we cannot accommodate requests for early move-in or early key pick-up.
If you're moving into Northwood IV or V, go to the Community Center at 1000 McIntyre Dr., to check in and pick up your key. (A photo ID will be required.) While you're there, pick up your Northwood information packet. If you're moving into Northwood I, II, or III, go to the 2150 Cram Place Community Center.
Need a map?
Check-In Hours- 1000 McIntyre
|Monday - Thursday:||8:00 am to 8:00 pm|
|Friday:||8:00 am to 9:00 pm|
|Saturday:||10:00 am to 9:00 pm|
|Sunday:||Noon to 4:00 pm|
|Labor Day:||Noon to 4:00 pm|
Check-In Hours- 2150 Cram Place
|Monday - Thursday:||8:00 am to 9:00 pm|
|Friday:||8:00 am to 8:00 pm|
|Saturday:||10:00 am to 8:00 pm|
|Sunday:||12:00 pm to 4:00 pm|
|Labor Day:||Noon to 4:00 pm|
We are closed for the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas. We have limited hours between Christmas and New Years. In an emergency situation, call Housing Security at 734.763.1131.
Moving to Munger? Checkout the FAQs at Munger Graduate Residences for details!
Smooth your Move
- The University Housing staff is happy to assist you in settling into your new home. The booklet Keeping It Clean and Safe provides answers to frequently asked questions about cleaning and maintaining your apartment. Please print this and bring it with you.
- Parking Permits: You must obtain a parking permit from the Community Center at check in. Please note that parking regulations are strictly enforced on campus and throughout the city of Ann Arbor, so park only in permitted areas.
- Overnight Accommodations: If family or friends will accompany you for Move-In or if you will be arriving after the Community Center closes, we suggest that you make hotel or motel reservations for anyone who plans to stay overnight. Contact the Ann Arbor Convention and Visitors Bureau to learn more.
- Shipping & Storage: You may ship belongings to your apartment via any delivery service, including United Parcel Service, Federal Express, the U.S. Postal Service, John's Pack and Ship, or any other delivery service. Due to space limitations, the Northwood Community Center cannot accept deliveries or store items for residents during Move-In. If you plan to ship items, be sure to schedule them to arrive after you move in to so you are able to accept the package(s). Delivery services will not deliver without someone to accept the delivery.
John's Pack & Ship
For a fee, this University-contracted vendor can receive, store and deliver packages right to your apartment prior to your arrival. Use of this vendor's services is optional. All transactions are strictly between you and the vendor.
Your phone service is provided by the University’s ITS Networking & Telecommunications. This service is active upon move-in. You will have to provide your own phone set. The rental rates include unlimited campus and local area calls. However, in order to make long distance phone calls, you will need to obtain a unique long distance authorization code (auth code).
To get your authorization code, learn about second lines, voice mail, and other services, visit the ITS Website.
Charges for long-distance calls made with your authorization code will be included in your monthly University account. These charges must be paid in full each month.
Cable TV Service
The current channel line-up for residents of Northwood Community Apartments is provided by UMTV.
Please note that cable is digital only and no analog channels are available. A digital TV that is cable ready or a TV or other device with a digital tuner is required in order to receive all channels of the UMTV cable service.
You'll want access to your email and the Internet as soon as possible. Take a moment now to read the ITS Northwood Net information. It contains instructions for configuring and registering your computer. Printed copies of the Guide are also available at the Northwood Community Center when you check in.
Check here if you need additional networking assistance.
- 1,395 cubic yards of cardboard
- 652 large bags of polystyrene foam block
- 54 large bags of foam pellets
That's a lot of reusable material that didn't go into a landfill.
Cleaning Up and Recycling
Please do your part during Move-In and year round by using the specially designed containers for recyclables such as newspapers, magazines, cans, and bottles. University Housing provides each apartment with a recycling container. Recycling bins are located in each Northwood parking lot.
To assist Northwood Community Apartments residents in getting to know the greater Northwood area neighborhood and in seeking out services necessary for day to day living, University Unions offers a list of nearby businesses.
- Housing Options
- Applications, Rates & Policies
- Dining & Meal Plans
- Undergraduate Programs & Services
- Graduate and Family Programs & Services
- Conferences & Summer Camps
- Transportation, Parking & Maps
- Health & Safety
- News & Events
- Move-In: Munger Residences
- Move-In: Northwood Single Graduate and Family Housing
- Returning Resident Housing
- Off-Campus Residents & Late Applicants
- Not Sure? Change Your Mind?
- For Parents!
- Spring/Summer Move-In
- Move-Out: Residence Halls
- Move-Out: Northwood IV & V
- ResStaff Selection
- Residence Education Professional Staff Hiring
- Staff Directory
- Scholar-in-Residence Program
- Move-In Information
- Thanksgiving Day Meal and Bus Schedule