Child Care & Public Schools
For Infants (0) to Pre-schoolers (5)
Child care programs are quite popular and have limited spaces. We recommend that you contact the following resources as soon as possible to secure a place for your child. If no spaces are available, ask to be placed on a wait list in case a space opens up.
If you need child care while you are in school, working, or taking an English class, these community resources may be helpful:
- Early Childhood Education & Child Care offers 3 locations, including the North Campus Children's Center, at the University of Michigan.
- The University of Michigan Work/Life Resource Center helps U-M families to locate child care.
- The Child Care Network can also help families find child care.
- Contact the Ann Arbor Public Schools to see if your child qualifies for a free pre-school program.
For Elementary School-Age Children
Northwood Community Apartments is served by the Ann Arbor Public Schools which are top-rated within the State of Michigan.
Northside Elementary School, 912 Barton Drive, (734) 994-1958, serves Grades K-5 students living in the following addresses:
- Stone Road addresses within Northwood V
- Murfin Street addresses
- Cram Place addresses
- Hubbard Street addresses
- Beal Street addresses
Angell Elementary School, 1608 South University Avenue, (734) 994-1907, serves Grades K-5 students with the following addresses:
- Bishop Street addresses
- Cram Circle addresses
- McIntyre Drive addresses
For Middle School-Age Children
Clague Middle School, 2616 Nixon Road, (734) 994-1976, Grades 6-8, serves all Northwood V, Stone Road addresses.
Tappan Middle School, 2251 E. Stadium, (734) 994-2011, Grades 6-8, serves all Northwood I, II, III, and IV addresses including, Beal, Bishop, Murfin, Hubbard, McIntyre, Cram Circle, Cram Place
For High School-Age Children
Huron High School, 2727 Fuller Road, (734) 994-2040, Grades 9-12, serves the entire Northwood Community Apartments.
After-School Programs for Children
Talk to your child's school or contact the Ann Arbor Public Schools about any after school programs they may have to offer.