For Landlords Only
Registering with the Off-Campus Housing Program allows you to:
- Advertise your available units and properties to students;
- Use our lease forms and inventory checklists; and
- Access our free conflict resolution and mediation services for landlords and tenants.
- Rental properties must comply with all applicable city ordinances.
- All leases, whether private or a University-provided lease, must contain the mandatory lease clauses. (For properties outside of Ann Arbor, the local city’s clauses must be substituted for the Ann Arbor-specific clauses.)
- You must agree to use the University’s conflict resolution and mediation services as a demonstration of your good faith effort to resolve any landlord/tenant disputes.
- The Off-Campus Housing Mediation Clause must be included in all leases.
- You must agree to comply with all city, state and federal non-discrimination laws. Compliance is subject to verification by the Fair Housing Center of Washtenaw County.
- You may only register and/or advertise units that you own or manage or for which you are the designated Realtor.
- The Off-Campus Housing Program has the right to refuse or terminate your registration based on the Landlord Eligibility and Registration Review Policy.
An annual registration fee is required of all property owners and managers who use the services of the Off-Campus Housing Program. 2010, 2011, and 2012 registration fees have not increased. The fee scale for the 2012 registration period is as follows:
|Number of Units||Registration Fee|
|2012 Annual Registration Fees|
|1 – 3||$50.00|
|4 – 10||$140.00|
|11 – 24||$260.00|
|25 – 49||$520.00|
|50 – 99||$725.00|
|100 – 199||$1,066.00|
|200 – 1000||$1,103.00|
Please note that registration fees will not be prorated.
This site is a venue through which registered landlords can list available off-campus properties. University Housing does not endorse or screen any landlord, management company or individual who lists on this site. Neither the University of Michigan nor University Housing guarantees in any manner the quality of the properties or the services offered by listed landlords, management companies or individuals. Students, parents, landlords, management companies and members of the Ann Arbor community are under no obligation to use the services listed on this site or to rent from companies or individuals listed herein. (The terms and conditions of the Off-Campus Housing Program do not apply to University-owned or operated housing.)