Residence Education Student Staff Selection for University Housing

Residence Education for University Housing employs over 400 individuals in roles as diverse as Community Center Assistant, Diversity Peer Educator, Munger Fellows, Graduate Diversity Coordinators, Peer Academic Success Specialist, Resident Advisor, and Residential Programs Facilitators. Our communities range from traditional residence halls to Graduate and Undergraduate apartments.

On these pages you will find all of the information you need about the Student Staff Selection process. Please take your time to check out the site and become familiar with Residence Education’s: 

We have Undergraduate Housing Student Staff positions for the Fall/Winter semesters. If you are a First Year Student looking for an opportunity to work where you live, please consider applying for the Community Center Assistant (CCA) position.

GRADUATE STUDENTS:  Please visit the Graduate & Legacy Student Staff Selection page. 

Undergraduate Housing Student Staff for FALL/WINTER:

Please see the additional criteria on the Eligibility Page.

  • 2018-2019 DPE and RA applications are currently closed. 
  • 2018-2019 Community Center Assistant (CCA) applications are currently closed. 

  • 2018-2019 ResStaff Coordinator applications are open. Must be a current University of Michigan ResStaff Member to apply.
Undergraduate Housing Student Staff for SPRING/SUMMER:
  • 2018 Summer Conference Assistant (SCA) and Resident Adviser (RA) applications are open until all positions are filled.

If you have questions, comments, or concerns not addressed within the ResEd Student Staff Selection webpages, please email us at

University Housing is a unit of Student Life, and an equal opportunity educator and employer.

For housing related questions, please contact University Housing.
Phone: (734) 763-3164