Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2083
Vera Baits II complex, located on North Campus, is a co-ed residence for first-year students. The First-Year Experience is housed at Baits and is designed to address the transitional needs and concerns of first year students. Most Baits rooms are suite-style and feature an attached bathroom for the private use of residents in the suite. Many suites also include small living rooms that are shared by three to five residents. To get a peek, photos can be found in our Facebook photo album.
Students can take a free ride on one of our many U-M buses for the quick trip to Central Campus.
Baits Houses are close to the North Campus Recreation Building, the College of Engineering, the Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning, an annex to the School of Information and the Schools of Music, Theater & Dance, and Art & Design.
Baits residents appreciate the proximity of the Duderstadt Center (Mujo Café, computer labs, video editing, and a 3D virtual reality room); Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library & Museum; Bentley Historical Library; the Blue Apple, a popular café in Bursley Hall; Pierpont Commons (student business and restaurant options); and several nearby fields for pick-up soccer and football games.
- Houses approximately 570 first-year students in single or double rooms and suites.
- Standard furnishings in the living areas of three- and five-person suites include a sofa and coffee table.
- Full dining hall service in nearby Bursley Hall.
- Renovated community kitchens for student use
- Remodeled Community Learning Center
- Meeting lounges and common spaces
- Laundry rooms
- Limited onsite parking spaces awarded via lottery
- Refurbished bathrooms
- Wireless, high-speed internet access
- Updated community areas that include a "home" movie theater, art studio, nine music practice rooms and a performance area.
- Community living room with kitchenette for student use
- Updated fire alarm and fire suppression systems
See what the Baits Houses were like back in the day. Visit our U-M Housing Alumni Facebook page and choose Baits Houses.