Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2083
Vera Baits II complex is a mixed-gender residence for first-year students located on North Campus near the North Campus Recreation Building, the College of Engineering, the Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning, an annex to the School of Information and the Schools of Music, Theater & Dance, and Art & Design. Baits residents appreciate the proximity of the Duderstadt Center (Mujo Café, computer labs, video editing, and a 3D virtual reality room); Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library & Museum; Bentley Historical Library; the Blue Apple, a popular café in Bursley Hall; Pierpont Commons (student business and restaurant options); and several nearby fields for pick-up soccer and football games. Students can take a free ride on one of our many U-M buses for the quick trip to Central Campus.
The First-Year Experience is housed at Baits and is designed to address the transitional needs and concerns of first year students. Most Baits rooms are suite-style and feature an attached bathroom for the private use of residents in the suite. Some suites also include a small living rooms that are shared by three to five residents.
To learn more about the Baits houses and community, check out our Facebook photo album and the Baits Facebook page. Also learn more about what residents, past and present, have to say about life on North Campus.
- Houses approximately 570 first-year students in single or double rooms and suites.
- Standard furnishings in the living areas of three- and five-person suites include a sofa and coffee table.
- Refurbished bathrooms
- Updated fire alarm and fire suppression systems
- Wireless, high-speed internet access
- Limited onsite parking spaces awarded via lottery
- Community Spaces:
- Remodeled Community Learning Center
- Renovated community kitchens
- Community living room with kitchenette
- Meeting lounges and common spaces
- "Home" movie theater lounge
- Art studio space
- Nine music practice rooms
- Performance area
- Laundry rooms
- Housing Options
- Undergraduate Housing
- Single Graduate Student Housing
- Family Housing
- Gender-Inclusive Housing
- Off-Campus Housing
- Students With Disabilities or Additional Needs
- Applications, Rates & Policies
- Dining & Meal Plans
- Undergraduate Programs & Services
- Graduate and Family Programs & Services
- Conferences & Summer Camps
- Transportation, Parking & Maps
- Health & Safety
- News & Events