1300 E. Ann Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2016
Couzens Hall is a mixed-gender residence hall located in the Hill Neighborhood near Central Campus Recreation Building, Marketplace and Victors at the Hill Dining Center, Palmer Commons, Palmer Field and the Nichols Arboretum. Many other University buildings and schools are also convenient to Couzens. Couzens is home to both the Health Sciences Scholars Program (HSSP) and the Residence Hall Association (RHA) offices.
This heritage hall reopened in the fall of 2011 after extensive renovations and major upgrades to the infrastructure, including a new fire suppression system, temperature control for heating and air conditioning in all student rooms, new bathrooms, and study/relaxation lounges on floors three through six.
During the academic year, members of the Couzens Hall community participate in a wide variety of hall activities, programs and events. To learn more about the Couzens building and community, check out our Facebook photo album and the Couzens Hall Facebook page.
- Houses approximately 525 residents in single, double, triple, and quad rooms
- Air conditioning with room-by-room temperature control
- Wireless, high-speed internet access throughout
- Community Spaces:
- Community Center with a gathering space and a media wall for displaying hall activities and other information of interest to residents
- Community Learning Center with individual and group study areas, computers, printers, scanner and state-of-the-art tools for group study
- CAMEO (Couzens Active Minority Ethnic Organization) multicultural lounge
- Community Living Room with access to the patio overlooking Palmer Field
- House kitchen for student use
- Performance area plus café tables, soft seating and a upscale vending area in the Palmer Lounge
- Game room with ping-pong, foosball and pool tables plus access to digital displays for television and gaming systems
- Multipurpose room with advanced audio/video equipment and a nearby kitchen
- Music practice rooms
See what Couzens was like back in the day: watch the video below.