1300 E. Ann Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2016
Couzens Hall is a co-ed residence located in the Hill Neighborhood. Nearby points of interest include the Central Campus Recreation Building, Marketplace and Victors at the Hill Dining Center, Palmer Commons, Palmer Field and the Nichols Arboretum. Many other University buildings and schools are also convenient to Couzens.
This heritage hall reopened in the fall of 2011 after extensive renovations and major upgrades to the infrastructure, including a new fire suppression system, temperature control for heating and air conditioning in all student rooms, new bathrooms, and study/relaxation lounges on floors three through six. To get a peek, photos can be found in our Facebook photo album.
During the academic year, members of the Couzens Hall community participate in a wide variety of hall activities, programs and events.
- Houses approximately 525 residents in single, double, triple, and quad rooms
- Wireless, high-speed internet access
- Air conditioning with room-by-room temperature control
- Community Center with a gathering space and a media wall for displaying hall activities and other information of interest to residents
- CAMEO multicultural lounge (Couzens Active Minority Ethnic Organization)
- Community Living Room with access to the patio overlooking Palmer Field
- House kitchen for student use
- Community Learning Center with individual and group study areas, computers, printers, scanner and state-of-the-art tools for group study
- Performance area plus café tables, soft seating and a upscale vending area in the Palmer Lounge
- Game room with ping-pong, foosball and pool tables plus access to digital displays for television and gaming systems
- Multipurpose room with advanced audio/video equipment and a nearby kitchen
- Music practice rooms
- Home of the Health Sciences Scholars Program (HSSP)
- Residence Hall Association (RHA) offices are located here
See what Couzens was like back in the day. Visit our U-M Housing Alumni Facebook page and choose Couzens Hall.