701 East University Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1245
East Quadrangle is a co-ed residence hall located near the South University shopping area, as well as the U-M Schools of Business, Education and Social Work and many other University buildings. East Quad is home to the Residential College (RC), the Michigan Community Scholars Program (MCSP), and the Gender-Inclusive Living Experience (GILE).
East Quad is one of Michigan’s heritage halls and serves as a living/learning center for its residents. After a yearlong renovation, it will reopen for the 2013 fall term with new infrastructure including plumbing, electrical, heating and ventilation, fire supression systems and air conditioning. The East Quad renovation was part of the university’s Residential Life Initiatives, a planned capital project launched in 2004 to improve on-campus living and dining facilities and to strengthen the connection between living and learning.
- Houses approximately 850 students in singles and doubles
- Newly renovated bathrooms and student rooms
- Wireless, high-speed Internet throughout
- Community Spaces:
- State-of-the-art Community Learning Center (CLC)
- Community Center with spaces for gathering and studying
- Dining hall with seven restaurant concepts and seating for 340
- Java Blue café
- Keene Theater
- Art gallery
- Music practice rooms
- Game room
- Classrooms and seminar spaces
- Abeng Multicultural Lounge
See what East Quad was like back in the day: visit the East Quadrangle Alumni Facebook page.