600 E. Madison
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1372
South Quadrangle, one of our largest residence halls, is located in the heart of Central Campus, right across the street from the Michigan Union and a short walk to State Street shops and most University buildings. Of the eight houses in South Quad, four are mixed-gender corridors; the others contain equal numbers of men’s and women’s corridors. South Quad is home to the Honors Program.
South Quad recently went through an extensive renovation and now has updated student bathrooms with new plumbing, fixtures, counters, and tile; new and remodeled community spaces, and a new central campus dining center. The renovation was part of the university’s Residential Life Initiatives, a planned capital project launched in 2004 to improve on-campus living and dining facilities and to strengthen the connection between living and learning.
- Houses approximately 1170 students, mixed-gender
- Newly renovated student bathrooms
- Integrated fire and smoke alarms, fire suppression system
- Wireless, high-speed internet throughout
- Air conditioning for dining and community spaces
- New Community Center with lounge and kitchen
- Group study rooms
- Music practice rooms
- New central campus dining center
- 10 restaurant concepts including Mediterranean, Latin, Asian, deli, salad bar, vegetarian, grill/smoker, breakfast-all-day, chef’s station, and desserts
- 950 seats, with options for small and large groups; 3 private dining rooms accommodate student groups and special events;
- Deli station also serves as late-night retail dining venue; adjacent seating area for study and social space
- Chef’s station serves as a demonstration kitchen for student functions
- Designed for tray-less dining
To learn more about the South Quad building and community, check out our Facebook page.