Housing for Single Graduate Students 2018-2019

University Housing offers two distinct housing experiences for single graduate students: Northwood Community Apartments and the Munger Graduate Residences. For both, you pay directly to the University of Michigan as part of your student bill, and there is no application fee or security deposit.If you are looking to also accommodate your partner and/or children, please visit our family housing page.

Apartments and Townhouses

Furnished apartments | Northwood I & II

Situated in a quiet community, units in Northwood I & II come conveniently furnished, with opportunities both for single graduates living alone or with a roommate.  Furnishings include single beds and may not be substituted or removed.

Unfurnished Townhouses | Northwood IV & V

Townhouses in Northwood IV & V offer a more spacious living option. Each unit features a main floor living space separate from upstairs sleeping spaces, as well as a basement with room for storage. Washers and dryers are provided.

Browse Units and Rates

Apply now

Munger Graduate Residences

540 Thompson Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104

Located on Central Campus, the Munger Graduate Residences are designed specifically for graduate and professional level students from all U-M schools and colleges, to actively engage in a trans-disciplinary community where students live and exchange ideas together. 

A diverse mix of graduate and professional students from various fields live, study and interact together, building a culture of collaboration. The program involves students in collaborating on exploring challenges that cut across multiple disciplines and skill sets.  

The building features furnished apartments with 6 to 7 single-occupancy bedroom suites, each with a private bathroom.

Find Out More

Apply now

University Housing is a unit of Student Life, and an equal opportunity educator and employer.

For housing related questions, please contact University Housing.
Email: housing@umich.edu
Phone: (734) 763-3164