Office & Guest Services Jobs
Student Service Assistant I
Office & Guest Services
Job #: 000014
Location: Student Activities Building
Department: Human Resources
Resume Required? Yes
Work-Study? Either Work-Study or Non-Work-Study Available
- Respond to students, parents, and visitors on University policies, services, and programs with Housing’s Student and Temporary Employment
- Answer University Housing phone lines and responds in person to questions regarding applications, job duties, and questions regarding the sensitive nature of employment matters.
- Computer applications including Microsoft Suite, FileMaker Pro, MPathways , WebNow/ImageNow,.
- Open and close the office daily
- Manage student employment database
- Process paperwork for other employment forms (OSEH / International / RDS Contract /Supplemental and Education Assistant forms for Stipends)
- Imaging and filing of paperwork
- Creation of RDS Attendance Files
- Track data for student and temporary hiring
- Process US mail, e-mail, and faxes according to office procedures. Assist other staff with projects as assigned.
- Interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Multitasking ability essential.
- Ability to work with many details with accuracy.
- Ability to produce high quality work with accuracy with frequent interruptions.
- Possess effective and well developed verbal communications skills.
- Ability to attend to detail, be thorough, and follow through; be flexible and use initiative to make timely and sound judgment within established guidelines
- Ability to interpret and apply detailed rules and regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work at all levels, with a focus on quality service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, multi-faceted office