600 E. Madison
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1372
South Quadrangle, one of Michigan’s largest residence halls, is located in the heart of Central Campus, right across the street from the Union and a short walk to State Street shops and most University buildings. Of the eight houses in South Quad, two houses are co-ed; the others contain equal numbers of men’s and women’s corridors.
South Quad will be closed for extensive renovations beginning in the spring of 2013 and reopening for the fall term 2014. The renovation is part of the university’s Residential Life Initiatives, a planned capital project launched in 2004 to improve on-campus living and dining facilities and to strengthen the connection between living and learning.
When students return to South Quad, they will have wireless network access throughout the building, an all-new dining facility with several micro-restaurants, new music practice rooms, a new community center, redesigned group study rooms and improved student bathrooms. The building’s plumbing will be upgraded and the dining and community spaces will have air-conditioning.
While South Quad is renovated, the Honors Program will be housed in West Quad. WOLV-TV will relocate to the Argus II Building.
See what South Quad was like back in the day: visit the South Quadrangle Alumni Facebook page.