University Housing Student Advisory and Input Group
Comprised of residents from all of University Housing’s residential facilities, student work force employees, and active members of Housing affiliated groups, the University Housing Student Advisory and Input Group will serve as a voice for the residential experience. The group will be asked to provide advice on ongoing projects, processes, and policies that are being examined for potential change, modification, or continuation. The group will also have the opportunity to share both positive and constructive feedback on behalf of those living and working within University Housing. The University Housing Student Advisory and Input Group will serve as an invaluable resource to senior administrators in Housing on how to better shape the residential experience at the University of Michigan.
Composition and Format of the Group
The Group will be comprised of a diverse group of undergraduate and graduate students who live and/or work in University Housing. All members of the group will be selected through an application process.
Each member of the group will have a one year appointment. Those interested in returning to the group for the subsequent year must remain as a resident of University Housing and reapply for one additional year. Details of the reapplication will be shared during the winter semester.
- Group members will be responsible for attending all meetings. Missing two or more meetings may result in being asked to resign your membership.
- Group members will recognize they are a voice for all of University Housing not their specific residential facility, Housing affiliated group, or work force department.
- Group members will be interested in engaging in dialogue on current and future issues facing the management/vision and operation of University Housing.
Past UHSAI Projects
- Housing sign up process
- Selection of furniture for renovated space
- Transportation concerns
- Mcard access
- Discussed ways to improve safety and security
- Explored methods of expiditing service at Victors
- Water heating and lighting issues
- Provided input on rennovations to East Quadrangle
- Discussed dining concerns including seating at North Quadrangle Dining
University Housing Student Advisory and Input Group meetings will be bi-weekly and be an hour and a half in length. The meeting day and time for 2013-2014 is TBD.
University Housing is looking for residents to provide input and feedback on current and future issues facing the vision and operation of University Housing. Applications for 2012-2013 University Housing Student Advisory and Input Group are currently available and are due no later than Monday, September 16 at 5:00 p.m.
Note that we are not currently accepting applications from individuals who will be on Resstaff for the 2013-2014 academic year.
Please contact Carl LoConte, Hall Director for Northwood Houses, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.